Friday, May 30, 2008

Who Do I Like For Delegate?

That's the $10,000,000 question. I was asked that by a reader (doesn't it sound so cool that I have readers?) and he (or she) followed with a list of candidates for this November's election. I gave each of my answers a lot of thought and I eventually came up with the CNMI's best possible delegate to Congress.

Here's what transpired (and here's the link):
Anonymous BOARD OF ERECTIONS said...
Take your pick of Delegates
JUDGE LIZAMA
KING KILILI
SOLDIER BOY YUMUL
POKER CRISOSTIMO
TALK SHOW HOST GONZALEZ
ATTORNEY VIC TORRES
PETE CHIHUAHUA A. TENORIO
JOHNNY B GOOD BABUATA
LYNN BJ KNIGHT
ELOY "WHERE'S THE MONEY?" INOS

WHAT DO YOU THINK YAP DUDE.
May 30, 2008 4:22 PM

Blogger The Daily Yapper said...

Kilili doesn't have what it takes but he's a
good guy that would do well for the people
of the CNMI here.

As for Yumul, I need to learn more about
him. Other than being the target of a
Jollibee boycott he's been relatively quiet.

I wouldn't bet on Crisostimo caring for the
CNMI any further than his wallet will take
him. He says the right things but he's dirty.

Juan Gonzalez says the right things and
isn't a bad kid, but he would be handed his
lunch in D.C. He's not the type to run with
those big dogs because he doesn't have
enough self-confidence.

Vic Torres? He's a creep who drinks and
plays too much poker.Nope, leave him to
do his bidding here at home. He just wreaks
of immorality and he would do just about
anything to impress the D.C. types in order
to feel accepted.

Pete A. has been in D.C. for a while and all
I see is a cowboy hat and pictures of visitors.
He's got a good press secretary, I'll give him
that. I think he's been away from the CNMI
too long to know what people here are really
going through.

Johnny B? Nice guy and he was effective in
D.C. before. The only reason why I wouldn't
give him another shot on the mainland is
because he fucked up here so badly as
governor. He's the one who got the ball
rolling on our bad economy.

With Lynn Knight we'd save a bundle on
airfare because she could make her frequent
trips to D.C. and back on her broom. Nope,
she's been scoping out another job for a long
time now and wouldn't be the right person
for the job. Sure she's got polish and nobody
could push her around, but she doesn't have
the best interest of the CNMI at heart. If we
could sew her balls on Robert Torres we
could have a winner.

And finally, Taotao Tan's Eloy Inos. I think
he's got a good position by being as good a
cleaner as a fall guy. He's a smart guy but
make no mistake about it, he's a dark
character. Keep him in office here until Fitial
loses the next election, then bring him back
into the Tan clan.

After giving it some serious thought about
what I would like in a CNMI delegate, here's
what I came up with...


Nothing would make me happier than seeing
a solid support staff built around a guy like
Andrew Salas.

He has a few things to learn, but he can tell
the difference between a phony and the
genuine article.

He's not the perfect candidate, but he would
be the best. He'd have the interest of the
CNMI at heart and he wouldn't stand for
bullshit.

I'd vote for him and wake up without regret
the next day.

So that's where I decided to back Andrew Salas, should he in fact run for CNMI delegate. I like Mike Sablan too, but he seems to want other things these days. Overall I'd want someone to run who would answer the call of his people rather than someone who simply wants to have the job.