Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Sincere Thanks To The FSM

It is with a humble heart that I bring you some truly joyous news. While my blog has only been in existence for a couple of weeks, people from around the region have started to take notice. While I thought I might raise a few eyebrows, I never expected to be honored by President Emanuel MORI and Vice President Alik L. ALIK, of the Federated States of Micronesia.

See here from today's Micronesian Variety...

PALIKIR--President Emanuel MORI, in his supreme benevolence, recognized the work on one of the region's finest writers this afternoon when he and Vice President Alik L. ALIK officially renamed one of the Federated States of Micronesia's proudest places.

In a declaration that came with much fanfare in the presidential palace's rose garden, the honorable MORI announced that Yap State will be known forever more as Yapper State, in honor of new blogger, The Daily Yapper.

After hearing of the exalted MORI's proclamation, citizens took to the streets from Gilman to Gagil in what one reveler explained as "the happiest day of our lives!" The all-knowing, all-seeing MORI explained that many phases of everyday life would be the same and that neither Pohnpei, Kosrae nor Chuuk should not harbor any jealous feelings to their renamed neighbor.

Ah, to be honored by the land of stone money and scantily clad young women. Could one possibly ask for more? Is that a tear forming in the corner of my eye? I believe it is. To the people of the Federated States of Micronesia, please accept my most heartfelt appreciation.

Perhaps asking for a small beach side bungalow near the local college would be out of the question. I mean, the girls are topless. The people of the FSM are people of action, and President MORI emailed me a photo of the new maps this afternoon.